Information security incidents have the potential to affect the confidentiality, availability and/or integrity of the computer equipment or data at WashU.
According to CERT, a security incident can have the following definitions:
- Violation of an explicit or implied security policy
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access
- Unwanted denial of resources
- Unauthorized use of electronic resources
- Modification without the owner’s knowledge, instruction, or consent.
- Theft or displaced University IT property or data
- Malicious code
Immediately contact Information Security Office at 314-747-2955 if you suspect a security incident has occurred.