Cybersecurity Awareness Month is here!
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is a global effort to help everyone stay protected whenever and however they connect. The Office of Information Security is proud to be a Cybersecurity Awareness Champion, supporting online safety throughout the year. We’re here to help every member of our community gain the knowledge and tools to #BeCyberSmart.
The overarching theme for the month is, “The Road to Cybersecurity.” We’ve planned a truckload of activities for the month, including:
- Weekly tips for avoiding cybercrime, and recommendations from our Chief Information Security Officer, Chris Shull.
- Cybersecurity events including our popular annual SHRED IT event on both the Danforth and the School of Medicine campuses. The full calendar of events is available here:
- Opportunities to win Bear Bucks by reporting phishing messages and participating in our cybersecurity games and trainings.
Your ability to detect and avoid online threats is our best defense against cybercrime. We’re here to help you learn how to protect yourself from security breaches, and when you protect yourself, you protect all of us. Thank you for doing your part to be cybersmart.
Buckle up and get ready to have some fun on our security road trip this October!
We’ll see you on the road!
Check out the video below for some brief insights into the future of digital work and cybersecurity.
- Cyberattacks are speeding up
- Cybercrime and Human Intelligence
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SHRED-IT: Electronic Waste & Paper Shredding Drives
- Safety Tips for Back to School (Poster/Graphic)
- Revised and Updated Policies 2021
- INFOGRAPHIC: Your Connected Healthcare
- INFOGRAPHIC: Practical Advice for Avoiding Phishing Emails
- INFOGRAPHIC: Recognizing and Avoiding Business Email Compromise Attacks