2023 marks 20 Years of Cybersecurity Awareness Month! The Office of Information Security is proud to be a Cybersecurity Awareness Champion, supporting online safety throughout the year. We’re here to help every member of our community gain the knowledge and tools to be safe online.
All month long, we are promoting key behaviors to encourage every employee to take control of their online lives. Practicing these cybersecurity basics can make a huge difference:
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Use Strong Passwords and a Password Manager.
- Update Your Software.
- Recognize and Report Phishing.
Your ability to detect and avoid online threats is our best defense against cybercrime. We’re here to help you learn how to protect yourself from security breaches, and when you protect yourself, you protect all of us.
Test Your Knowledge Competition
We invite you to participate in our Cybersecurity Awareness Month competition in KnowBe4.
WashU staff, faculty, and students will have the opportunity to submit several entries to win up to $1,000 in BearBucks.
- Grand Prize: $1,000 BearBucks credit
- First Runner Up: $500 BearBucks credit
- Second Runner Up: $300 BearBucks credit
- Third Runner Up: $200 BearBucks credit
Head over to our competition page for more instructions about getting entered to win.