The Washington University in St. Louis Office of Information Security (OIS) supports education, research, and clinical care by protecting systems and data for everyone at our institution. Information security is essential to every member of our community, and we all share personal responsibility for ensuring the security of our systems. We continuously improve our systems and strategies to meet our diverse users’ needs, and we regularly update our policies to reflect changes in the information security landscape.
To adapt to changes in the information security landscape, the OIS regularly reviews and updates our policies. In addition to continuously monitoring our information systems’ health and regularly reviewing our policies, we engage in direct outreach with our campus throughout the month of October by participating in Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Throughout the month, we offer events, activities, and resources to help our users keep themselves, their data, and our institution secure.
Please visit us at https://informationsecurity.wustl.edu/cam/ or follow us on Twitter (@WUSTL_InfoSec) for more information about Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Below, please find a list and brief description of our new and existing policies. The full text of these and other policies are available at Policies | Office of Information Security | Washington University in St. Louis (wustl.edu).
- Information Security Policy
- This policy describes how the WashU OIS will review its information security program and the responsibilities of the program.
- Information Security Policy | Office of Information Security | Washington University in St. Louis (wustl.edu)
- Incident Reporting Policy
- This policy details when and how to report a security incident to your IT Service Desk, Security Liaison, or the Office of Information Security.
- Incident Reporting Policy | Office of Information Security | Washington University in St. Louis (wustl.edu)
- Vulnerability Management Policy
- This policy describes how WashU OIS will identify and resolve information technology flaws and vulnerabilities by conducting periodic scans of systems owned and managed by WashU.
- Vulnerability Management Policy | Office of Information Security | Washington University in St. Louis (wustl.edu)
To contact the Office of Information Security about our policies or other issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 314-747-2955. To make an anonymous report to the Washington University Compliance Office, please email email@example.com or call 314-362-4954.
Please visit https://informationsecurity.wustl.edu for more information about our office and follow us on Twitter at @WUSTL_InfoSec.