The Washington University Office of Information Security (OIS) supports education, research, and clinical care by protecting systems and data for everyone at our institution. Security threats today are constantly changing as cybercriminals try new tactics to steal and hold ransom user and institutional data.
To adapt to changes in the information security landscape, the OIS regularly reviews and updates our policies. Additionally, our office engages in direct outreach with our campus during the month of October by participating in Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Throughout the month, we offer events, activities, and resources to help our users keep themselves, their data, and our institution secure.
Below, please find a list and brief description of a few of our new and existing policies. The full text of these and other policies are available at https://informationsecurity.wustl.edu/.
- Computer Use Policy
- This policy protects the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of WashU information systems themselves. The policy includes specific information about computer use, data privacy, credentials and authentication, accessing WashU secure systems, the use of personal devices, and the misuse of resources. Additionally, this policy outlines WashU’s rights regarding computer use, including regulating access to systems, monitoring, enforcing security controls, reporting, investigating policy violations, and imposing sanctions for violations. https://informationsecurity.wustl.edu/policies/computer-use-policy/
- Personal Device Security Policy:
- This policy contains guidance for setting up and using your personal device to access, create, host, and transmit confidential or protected information. https://informationsecurity.wustl.edu/policies/personal-device-security/
- Vulnerability Management Policy
- This policy describes how WashU OIS will identify and resolve information technology flaws and vulnerabilities by conducting periodic scans of systems owned and managed by WashU.
- Vulnerability Management Policy | Office of Information Security | Washington University in St. Louis
To contact the Office of Information Security about our policies or other issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 314-747-2955. To make an anonymous report to the Washington University Compliance Office, please send an email to email@example.com or call 314-362-4954.