General Information - Owner(s)/Sponsor
Use "Add" button below if there is more than one.
See the instruction below
High Value Peripheral Examples:
- Machinery (i.e. backup generator)
- Scientific instrument (i.e. electron microscope, gene sequencer, etc.)
- Control system (i.e. building environmental controls)
Ways to Value a Peripheral:
- The inherent value of the peripheral (what would it cost to replace in the event of a total loss)
- The value to remediate and repair the asset if compromised (reinstall OS, software)
- Value of data collected by the peripheral (if you lose the peripheral how much is its non-functionality costing you/your department/the university per day/week/month/year).
- Value of data that would not be accessible if the asset/peripheral were lost.
- Value of the asset/peripheral operators time. How much time would the operator normally spend on the asset/peripheral?