Cybersecurity Awareness Month is here! Cybersecurity Awareness Month is a global effort to help everyone stay protected whenever and however they connect. The overarching theme for the month is, “Do Your Part, #BeCyberSmart.” The Office of Information Security is proud to be a Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champion, supporting online safety throughout the year. We’re here to help every member of our community gain the knowledge and tools to #BeCyberSmart.
This year, the main focus areas of Cybersecurity Awareness Month will revolve around:
- Understanding and following general security hygiene for connected devices and home networks, whether on campus or remotely
- The importance of connected devices in the future of healthcare
- Strategies for managing protected information
- How users can protect themselves with password management and multifactor authentication.
- Awareness and reporting of phishing and social engineering campaigns
Our office has planned a slate of events throughout the month highlighting these topics. Please visit our Cybersecurity Awareness Month page for additional information an follow the Office of Information Security on Twitter (@WUSTL_InfoSec) for daily announcements throughout the month. Below, you will find a brief summary of several exciting upcoming Cybersecurity Awareness Month events:
There are not currently any upcoming events scheduled. Please check back for new events to be added.
In the meantime, if you’d like to explore campus events, please visit Happenings at WashU.
Information security is a shared responsibility, and we rely on your vigilance and cooperation to protect our community from security breaches. We’re in this together. Please join us at our October events and learn more about how to “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.” If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all that you do to help keep our institution secure.